There is a lot of information in this so I will try to divide it into swimmers info and parent info.
1. Only swimmers swimming at State get in for free. We have to check in as a team at 10:30 am tomorrow at the West YMCA front doors. (This is different than Districts)
2. Vision swimmer parking on deck is right by the room where the judges have their meeting, over by the slide. It is called the Hospitality area. We have to share the space with 106 other swimmers.
3. There is a coaches meeting at 10:45 am that Xavier will attend with me.
4. Warm ups are at 11:00 -11:45am sharp. We are sharing lanes 13-14 with Kuna, Nampa, Ridgevue and Vallivue.
5. The meet should begin at noon and be finished around 2:30.
6. All swimmers, regardless of place, will compete both Friday and Saturday.
7. Saturday Check in again as a team at 8:30am Warm Ups start at 9am and we will share lanes 9 and 10 with Boise.
8. We will march in the Parade of Athletes at 10:30am and the competition is due to start at 10:45am
9. On both days, we will have a break between the 50 free and the 100 fly.
10. Awards will take place at 5pm on Saturday.
11. As always, come prepared with healthy foods and plenty of water.
1. On Friday, you can buy tickets ahead of time on line or purchase at the southeast doors (like at Districts) I recommend buying in advance. If they sell out, you won't be allowed in.
2. Parents are not allowed on deck, not even for pictures. I'm sorry. I don't make the rules.
3. Saving seats isn't allowed
4. No coolers will be allowed in the stands
5. No balloons will be allowed in the facility.
6. Swimmers will participate in both Friday and Saturday's events regardless of placing.
7. Make sure to park in the designated zones. They will be towing tomorrow.
8. There will be an award ceremony on Saturday at 5pm for the top 6 in each event. Awards will be present on the platform on the far north wall of the facility. Pictures will be taken immediately following the awards presentation down below in the multipurpose room. Parents won't be allowed on deck to take pictures. ( Again, I don't make the rules) Pictures will be taken by the media and the IHSAA official photographer.
As we wind down swim team for the season, you will find that this week is one of our busiest. Please mark your calendars.
Monday, October 29th
Practice is for only those going to State. Please meet at the school parking lot at 7:45pm. I will be taking the school van to the West YMCA to practice. Practice will run from 8:30 -9:30. We will shoot to be back at the school promptly at 10:15pm
Tuesday, October 30th
Picture Day. Please come with your team suit, cap, goggles and sweatshirt at 6:30pm We will be doing team and individual pictures. For those swimming at State, please also be prepared to practice.
Wednesday, October 31st
No Practice - Happy Halloween
Thursday, November 1st
Practice will be at the C of I from 6:30 - 7:30. Mr. McDougall will be running drills with our relays that night.
Friday, November 2nd
State Tournament Prelims
We have to be at the West YMCA to check in at 11 am. Prelims begin at 12:30 pm. The meet should be done before 2 pm. We will know during that time who moves on to finals.
Team Check In
Each team packet will contain a qualifiers’ list and only those athletes plus designated alternates will be allowed on
deck. No exceptions. Buses should drop teams off in the front of the facility and teams will check in at the
northeast aquatics door. TEAMS MUST CHECK IN TOGETHER AND BE ACCOMPANIED BY A COACH.
Saturday, November 3rd
State Tournament Finals
Check in for swimmers will be at 9am.
Parade of Athletes will be at 10:30 am
Finals at 11am
Awards at 4pm
Awards will be presented intermittently throughout Saturday finals with the team awards at the conclusion of the
Team Awards: Trophies will be awarded to the champion, runner-up, third and fourth place teams for boys and
girls in 5A and 4A. Championship banners from the United Dairymen of Idaho/Dairy West will be awarded to all
first place teams.
Individual Awards: The top 6 finishers in each event will receive medals in 5A and 4A.
Admission - Public
Tournament Pass - General $12.00
Tournament Pass - Discount $10.00
Session 1 (4A Prelims) and Session 2 (5A Prelims) Friday
General Admission $ 6.00
Discount Ticket $ 5.00
Championship Day Pass - Saturday
General Admission $ 7.00
Discount Ticket $ 6.00
Ø Senior Citizens
Ø Students in grades 7-12 with an activity card
Ø Students in grades 1-6
*Children under 6 admitted free
*On-line tickets available at www.idhsaa.org
Session 1: 4A Preliminaries – Doors open at 11:00 a.m.
Session 2: 5A Preliminaries – Doors open at 3:00 p.m.
Championship Finals, 4A and 5A – Doors open at 9:30 a.m
For all rules and regulations please click the link below
We will conclude our swim season with an awards banquet in the backroom of the Smoky Mountain Pizza in Nampa on Cassia St. (by the movie theater and Home Depot) on Thursday, November 15th at 6pm. I buy the swimmers pizza and drinks. Family members are in charge of their own dinners. All are welcome.
Hello all! I am sorry for getting this to you so late but I just received this information myself earlier today. Here is everything I know so far about Districts.
1. Districts will be held this coming Tuesday, October, 23rd at the West YMCA. 5959 N Discovery Way, Boise, ID 83713.
2. I think doors will open for swimmers right at 7am. In years past we had to be there early to fight to get a spot on deck but this year, they said that there will be signs where we are supposed to sit.
3. This is a long meet. You need to bring things to keep you entertained and fed all day.
4. I can get the school's van to transport swimmers needing rides, however that means you are stuck with me all day. I have to be to at the pool no later than 6:45. That means we have to leave the school at 6 am sharp. I cannot wait for you if you are late. If we have swimmers that make it into the finals, we will probably be there until 9pm. It is a long day.
5. There are fees for parents to watch. Gate fees are $10, $7, $5 for both sessions & $6, $4, $3 for one session.
6. There will be around a 1 1/2 hour break between the end of prelims and before the start of Finals. It is slated to be around 1-3:30.
7. The Y will be designating areas for each team in order to alleviate the chaos. Teams will be allowed to have their team banners. The pool will be cleared from 1-3:30pm. The Y is providing 10 porta potties. Spectators will not be allowed in the locker rooms.
8. There will be food trucks.
Waffle Me Up, Twisted Sister Coffee & Smoothies - prelims
Thank you to all the parent volunteers who have helped drive, feed our swimmers and time at swim meets. I literally can't do this without your support and involvement. For the Gooding meet results please click the link below.
With Homecoming this week, there are some events that interfere with our practice. Please mark your calendars.
Monday - Regular Practice 7:00-8:30pm
Tuesday - No Practice - Senior Recognition Night at Middleton Middles School. We will be recognizing Xavier, Makenna and Violet. The party starts with tailgating from 5-7pm If you come before 7 and get a hand stamp at the tailgate, there are no entry fees. The senior awards start around 7pm.